Whether you’re hosting the family for a get-together or heading to a potluck party, this dip is easy and foolproof. The recipe is designed to serve 7. You can double or triple the basic recipe to feed more guests and work out the additional ingredients accordingly. Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or crisp cut up veggies. The leftovers are amazing as potato toppers, or on sourdough toast with a soft-boiled egg on top, or as a quick pasta sauce.
· Butter for greasing dish
· 1 can 14 oz. artichokes
· 1 c. grated parmesan cheese
· 1 c. of your favorite mayonnaise
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the inside of small baking dish before adding ingredients. Combine all ingredients and place in baking dish. Cook 15 to 20 minutes until bubbly and heated through.
Here are variations and additions to combine and enjoy!
· ½ cup chopped uncooked spinach
· ½ cup sautéed chopped mushrooms
· ½ cup dried tomatoes
· ½ cup Mexican cheese blend
· ½ cup mild chilies
· ¼ to ½ cup of green or black or kalamata pitted and chopped olives
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
· 2 tablespoons fresh dill
· 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh red or white onions
· 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard or style of your choice
· 2 teaspoons hot sauce or mild chili sauce (for a little kick!)
Photo provided by Ann H.