Between prep and cooking time, this entire meal takes only 30 minutes. And it is quite colorful on the plate with the mix of pasta, pancetta, and zucchini. Good enough to serve to guests but truly a treat for every day. Serves 4 but can be doubled for a party of 8.
· 10 ou. orzo pasta
· 5 ou. pancetta (diced)
· 1 lrg. sweet onion (diced0
· 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
· 1 c. white wine
· 2 med. zucchini (sliced & cubed)
· 1 c. parmesan cheese
· Salt & pepper
· Bring a pot of water to boil. Add salt to season. Add the orzo pasta to the boiling water & boil for 9 minutes. Remove & drain & set aside.
· In a large skillet on low-medium heat, drizzle the olive oil then add the diced pancetta & onion. Cook for 15 minutes until the pancetta is cooked and the onion is translucent.
· Add the white wine to the pan & increase the heat to medium-high. Reduce the wine by a third to a half. Then add the zucchini and cook for about 10 minutes or until the zucchini is tender. Add additional salt & pepper to season.
· Turn off the heat & add the orzo & the cheese to the pan. Toss and enjoy!